Sunday, September 19, 2010

Perfect Pecan Pie

I have always been afraid of the PECAN pie...It always seemed so complicated looking. But today I was feeling fearless, in a lets where tight pants with out spanx kind of way. So I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.

Start by making a crust or you can use a store bought one as well...take a look, can you believe it? THIS is all it takes to make a pecan pie...sugar, sugar, sugar and a pinch of salt!

Place a heaping cup of chopped up pecans on the bottom. Ok..before we go any further, I must admit until I had kids..I hated pecans...but it is strange how having kids changes you, even your taste buds...
Anyway back to the pie, next add your sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla, melted butter and eggs.....mix, mix, mix...until it is all blended.
Then pour all that sugary goodness over your pecans...and pop in the oven for 55 minutes.

End result a wonderful looking pie!!! I cannot believe how easy this pie is...all those fears that caused me to steer clear of this pie...well no more..this pecan pie has found it's way to my palate and is here to stay!

So don't be shy...give it a try if your into pecan's that is:)

This is PW Pecan Pie Recipe

1 unbaked pie crust

1 cup sugar

2 tbs. brown sugar

1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup corn syrup

1/3 cup melted butter (the good ole salted kind)

1/4 tsp vanilla

3 eggs, beaten

1 overflowing cup of chopped pecans

Bake at 350 for about 55 min...let sit for several hours or place in refrigerator overnight..then enjoy:)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to make this tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie was great! Easy to make and yummy.

    ReplyDelete