Thursday, October 28, 2010

Breaking Point....hmmm not my greatest hour...

Every now and then you find yourself in a situation where you leave and think Wow did that just happen? Well just this past Monday I found myself there. This isn't a happy story where you will leave feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, it is a story where I admit that I lost my cool and found myself going off on a 6' 4'' large tire service man. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...we shall start at the beginning where a series of unfortunate events lead to....well I will just tell you.



The day started off like any Monday morning, I had just dropped Keegan off at School and needed to get my tire looked at because it was leaking air. So I went to a well known tire service to see what they could do for me. After unloading my two boys, we made our way to the front service desk where I proceeded to explain to the lady why I was there. I explained that I had a leak in my tire and needed it looked a,t but told the lady that I also needed to leave by 2:30 in order to pick my son up from school.

"Well there are a few people ahead of you, but that gives us an hour and a half, so that shouldn't be a problem", replied the lady.


 Great I thought, that gives me time to walk around and pick up a few things that I need. So I gave the lady my keys and proceeded through the store.


Now shopping with a 2 year old is like poking yourself with a needle over and over again...just plain painful. So after chasing him down because he refused to stay in the cart I gave in to giving him a bag of Cheetos, which I was continuously picking up off the floor. Meanwhile, Lennon decided to spit up all over the front of my coat in a fit of being fussy but was all smiles and giggles afterwards.


Slowly the hour and a half passed as we made our way back to the tire service area.  By the time I reached the front counter I was covered in spit up, as well as having little Cheetos hand prints all over my black pants. All I wanted to do was get my keys and get the H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS out of there.


I approached the front counter and asked the lady how much I owed, when she gave me a confused look. So I explained I was there to get my tire patched and gave her the details of my car.


"Oh, well I think they just pulled your car into the garage, let me see where they are at with it", explained the service lady.


Wait what do you mean they just started on my car? I told you that I needed to leave at 2:30 and it is now 2:35!!!!


"Let me just see whats going on, I am sure it should be ready in a minute or two" the lady replied back.


So at this point the panic started to creep in, what was I going to do? There is nobody else that can pick him up, he will be so scared if I don't show up on time. I started having crazy flash backs when my parents forgot to pick me up from school after a going away swim meet. The coach was really annoyed so I lied, told him I called, and that my parents were on their way so he could leave. Then I spent an hour hiding behind a dumpster because I was afraid someone would see me. Needless to say I finally got a hold of them at my grandma's house while using a pay phone (this is before kids in Junior High had cell phones).


Back to the story.....


Then entered a very large tire service man....who we will call Joe. Joe was holding a part in his hand and  asked me if I wanted to pay $52.00 for the sensor and valve stem that needed to be replaced on my tire.


What, you haven't done anything with my tire yet....I need to leave. Can I go and come back?


Joe replied, "No..your tire is flat and we can't put it on until we replace the valve stem...it should only take us about 20 minutes".


At this point I was seeing RED... and didn't care who was around because I had reached my breaking point!
You don't want to mess with this!!!!!!


Well Joe...I don't have 20 minutes..I don't have 1 minute! I told you I needed to leave by 2:30 to pick up my son and so I don't care what you have to do but you get in there and get my tire back on NOW!


Then the tears started falling.


Joe I just moved here and I don't know anyone and my son is waiting to be picked up!


I can only imagine what the scene looked like to those waiting in the lobby. Here I was covered in spit up and Cheetos, I had two screaming kids, and was ranting like a crazy wild women.


Then the anger set in again.


Get my tire on Joe and get me out of here...I will grab a tire off one of these stupid shelves and replace it MYSELF...do your job.


Joe then explain, "Well I don't have to put the sensor in and so I can get it done in 5 minutes if you'd like?"


Why are you still standing here then JOE!!!!!!


I was like a Momma bear that had been woken up from hibernation and found someone messing with her cub...Don't mess with my Cub.


Then I remembered my one and only friend in Minot, Kathy. She also moved up here with me, since our husbands are working on the same job.So in a panic I called her and asked if she could go pick Keegan up for me since I was stranded at the tire place.


Thank God she was able to do it and was only 5 minutes late compared to the 20 minutes late I would have been!


So moral of the story.....I may need to find a different tire place next time I need a repair. I don't think I made too many friends at this last one!

6 comments:

  1. Why is the second paragraph bigger? I have no idea, I tried to change it but it just come across bigger everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, sometimes my text does that to me too...it just did in fact on my giveaway post....drives me crazy. I think we are the only ones that notice, I had to scroll back up to see what you were talking about didnt even notice. Love the new look by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, You are such a trip. You fill my days with smiles and giggles. I remember having 4 little ones to tote (including your mom) with only one car. Had to take Don to work in order to have the car. One time Scott was screaming so loud in the store I went to cover his mouth and hit his nose which caused a nose bleed. I could have crawled in a hole. I did not do that again ever. Somehow they all grow up.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. testing testing from gram

    ReplyDelete