Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cheesy Broccoli Soup!!!!


If there is anything I love more, it is a cheesy bowl of broccoli soup....so I began my search for the best broccoli cheese soup. Now I have to tell you that my standards are high...I wanted my soup to resemble Panera Bread's broccoli soup. So after searching and searching...I have finally found a soup that meets my expectations.

 Yum!!!!

 So here are your ingredients...plus add a stick of butter to this picture, I forgot to place it in the picture.

 Start by heating 2 tbs of butter over medium heat...than add 3/4 cup of chopped onion

 Once the onion has become nice and brown..add 1 cup of shredded carrot...you can also chop it instead if you prefer:)

 Than take 4 cups of frozen broccoli, rinse under cold water (this is when I pull apart the larger pieces)...

 Pat dry with a clean towel...my hand looks really strange in this picture

 Than add it to your pot...look at all those fresh colors.

 Pour in 3 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic salt and bring to a boil...than turn your heat down and let simmer while you make the cheese sauce.

 In a saucepan heat up 4 tbs butter, once melted add 4 tbs flour and whisk.....

 Whisk flour and butter until it is golden brown....


 Add 1 cup of milk and whisk until thick and bubbly....

 Than add the best part...2 cups of CHEESE...whisk until melted and becomes a nice thick sauce. Try to contain yourself by not eating this yummy cheese sauce right out of the pan...not that I have that problem but I know "others" out there may not be able to resist:)

 It is a fountain of cheese.....what a lovely site.  Once the cheese is melted pour the sauce in the pot.

 Stir, stir, stir...let soup simmer until broccoli has cooked to your liking...If you prefer a more puree type of soup, after cooking run this soup through a food processor.

Serve with some bread...do you can dip and use to wipe your bowl clean:)

I hope you enjoy!

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

6 tbs butter, divided
3/4 c. onion, chopped
1 c. carrot, shredded or chopped
4 c. broccoli
3 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
4 tbs. flour
1 c. milk
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Black Pepper to taste

Recipe: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment