Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almond Pan Chicken....Oooo la la

Almond Pan Chicken...hmmm there is nothing like it:) I was first introduced to this yummy meal by our friends Adam and Erika and I was hooked. But here is the crazy thing I had the same cook book with the same recipe and had skipped over this recipe a thousand times!!!! It wasn't that the picture didn't make it look appealing but it was the ingredients that had me questioning this dish.

I know what you are thinking....Heather are you going to make me believe that something with these ingredients actually taste good? Why, yes I am. I have to admit before having this dish, I was a little bit of a food snob, you know the kind that turns their nose up at certain foods and declares there is no way in HECK I am eating that!

Well I have been reborn, Hallelujah! I have eaten things today that 5 years ago I wouldn't touch with a 39 1/2 foot poll and I am soooooo thankful. To think what I had been missing out on...caramelized onions, tasty sweet potatoes fries, collard greens...the list goes on and on!!!!

Okay so why this long intro...well before you Judge this dish just based on the ingredients....I urge you to try...more like begging you to try it, because it is that good!
Here is a look at the finished product....I'm drooling just remembering how tasty it was!!!

 Okay...here are the ingredients...yes that is Dijon mustard next to orange marmalade and when combined something magical happens!!!

 First take your chicken breast and you need to pound it out so that it is only a 1/4 inch thick and than cut it in half or if your lazy like me you can buy thinned sliced chicken breast ( I found mine at Walmart). Either way you need to end up with 6 chicken breast, season them with salt and pepper.

 Heat up 1 1/2 tbs of butter in a pan and add half of your chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until chicken is golden brown (and done). Then add another 1 1/2 tbs of butter and remaining chicken, remove chicken and set aside.

 Meanwhile you need to toast a small package of almonds....be careful they toast fast and nobody likes burnt almonds.

 Sauce time, after you remove the chicken from the pan, add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, 1 Tbs of Dijon mustard, 2 Tbs of orange marmalade and a sprinkle of ground red pepper. Stir until it's combined.


Once the sauce is all combined, add the chicken  and almonds. Let the sauce continue to cook over medium low heat for about 8 minutes to thicken it up.

Serve over rice....so simple and sooooooooo tasty, believe me your taste buds are going to thank you:)

Almond Pan Chicken

6 chicken breast 1/4 inch thick
3 Tbs butter, divided
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbs of Dijon mustard
2 Tbs of orange marmalade
dash of ground red pepper
salt
black pepper
1.5 oz package of Sliced Almonds, toasted

Rice- to serve with.

Recipe- Southern Living

4 comments:

  1. Dang this looks so yummy! Miss you girl...hope you are doin well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Can't wait to try this. Maybe I'll make it for my parents when I'm home for Thanksgiving. :)
    I love your blog Heather! Glad to see you and your family are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Thanks Lucie:) Yes you must make it for your parents when you go home.....maybe one of these times our paths will cross and we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, we will always rememeber this dish when you brought it over right after I got out of the hospital from having Mark Wesley :) It was so good and Wesley LOVED it too! I have not made it since then and I am so glad you posted the recipe (I accidently deleted your fb message with the recipe a while back) so thank you thank you thank you :)

    ReplyDelete