Monday, November 29, 2010

Chocolate Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.....

There are some ingredients that when you put them together Fireworks go off....well that's what happened today when I add mint and dark chocolate chips to a chocolate cookie....oh me oh my....

I LOVE Chocolate, any type and in any form.....so when I came across this recipe I knew the stars must have aligned to bring me such a precious recipe...Ok Ok I will try to get myself together. Don't these look yummy!

 I found these babies at my local supermarket....I may have to stock up since they are a limited edition:(

 Ok start by whisking together 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. of baking powder, and 2/3 cup of cocoa.
.
 In a larger bowl beat 1/2 cup of butter until smooth and then add in 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.

 Why yes I did only use one cup to measure these together....I don't like to waste time:) Beat sugar in with butter until mixed.

 Add in 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla (have you ever tried vanilla by itself...yeah me neither).

 Then alternate the flour and cocoa mix with 1/3 cup of milk....mixing until combined. Now you may be asking yourself did I miss something what about the eggs, well folks no eggs required they were not invited to this party. Plus you have an excuse to eat the dough because it won't make you sick:) Dough will be fudge like. Lastly stir in your chocolate and mint chips... then cover bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.

 While the dough is chillin....preheat oven to 325 degrees and place parchment paper on cookie sheets.

Spoon dough onto parchment paper...I made little cookies because then I can trick myself into eating more of them...the tricks I play on myself all for the love of food....
Bake these puppies for 15 minutes and then let them continue to cool on pan...they will continue to set up this way.
One more look ......heaven in a cookie:)

Chocolate Mint and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat: 325 degrees
Bake: 15 minutes ( remember to let them cool on the pan after you take it out)

1 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup of cocoa
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/3 cup of milk
10 oz package of Dark Chocolate and Mint Chips

Enjoy:)

Recipe: Tasty Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I think I might have to try this :) I love mint chocolate!! Thanks for all your awesome recipes on here.

    ReplyDelete