Thursday, November 04, 2010

Cute As A Button....

 I LOVE Girl stuff...ribbons, frills, and sparkles, but having all boys I have to refrain myself from dressing them up in boas and pumps. There has been some close calls:) So when we decided to draw names for Christmas this year...I was beyond excited to get my niece Rachel. I took this as an opportunity to dive right into making a gift for her.

So what do you get a 5 year old Girl....well I thought a bunch of homemade jewelry would be a good start...so here is a look at a few things I have put together so far:)

 Rings...I like them big, I like them chunky....

 Another view
 So easy to do...just hot glue a stack of buttons and then hot glue it to an adjustable ring.

 Hair Pins are next....I did a bunch of bobby pins and then I started to do some clips (which I need to finish).
 Another view......

Again so easy just hot glue a stack of buttons together and glue it to a pin or clip....

So I still need to make a few necklaces and headbands....but so far I think they turned out pretty good.

Let me know what you think:)

P.S. All these supplies were purchased at Hobby Lobby, just in case you were wondering.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather, I know what my nieces are getting for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Heather.... Sometime I wish I had a girl to put this adorable stuff on!! God has blessed you with amazing creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- Just to let you know I got a bag of buttons, in which I found in the Scrapbooking section....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! Hmmm... hope I get Haley's name this year... I have the same problem you, Lisa AND Andrea have. What's up with all these BOYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I was blessed with a little girl and can not wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete