Saturday, November 06, 2010

Maple Pecan Sticky Bun...ahhh what a way to start a day!!!!

One thing the Nesbit boys love more than anything is Breakfast and anything that falls under that category....pancakes, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls....you get the picture.

So usually when I ask my husband for a request on what he would like to eat, his response is, "Well a Sticky Bun might be nice." One thing about my husband, he is easy to please....I can go out and buy new shoes or jeans or both and as long as I make him a Sticky Bun, we are good to go! (Don't let him fool you...he gets to buy new guns and man toys too, which do not come cheap.)

Okay where were we....oh yes the Sticky Bun. So besides being incredibly tasty...it also is very easy and looks pretty too!

 So here is a quick look at the things you are going to need....pretty simple! Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and greasing a bunt pan.

 Then take 2 tbs. butter melt it and add in a 1/3 c. of syrup, Stir. Sprinkle 1c. chopped pecans into the bottom of the pan and then drizzle syrup and butter over the pecans.

 Melt 6 tbs butter....why yes more butter, set aside.  Mix 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon in a bowl and set that aside too! You will use these for dipping purposes....Oh yes there is butter/sugar dipping:)

 Next take a 8 oz block of Cream Cheese and cut it into 20 squares..( I usually quarter it and then cut five squares out of each quarter). Any thing that contains a block of Cream Cheese get's an A in my book!!!!

 Ok here comes the good stuff! Take your biscuits out of the can ( I use 7.5 oz cans, each can has 10), flatten it out. Then take your Cream Cheese and roll it in the cinnamon and sugar, place on top of the biscuit.

 Then wrap the biscuit around the Cream Cheese.....like a little present:) Take the ball and dip the top into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar.

 Place cinnamon/sugar side up...with the first layer having 10 balls and then repeat with another layer. Once you have finished layering, dump the remaining cinnamon/sugar and melted butter over the top. You didn't think I was going to let you waste all that extra butter did you? Place in the oven for 30 minutes.

 When you pull it out of the oven...let it sit for 1 minute and then flip onto a platter or plate. There may be some Gooey Pecan Goodness still left in the bottom of the pan...just scrape it out and place it back on the Sticky Bun or eat it! Serve while still warm:)

What a BEAUTIFUL Site.....

Enjoy getting your fingers sticky:)


Maple Pecan Sticky Bun

Preheat Oven 400

1 c. chopped Pecans
1 stick of butter, divided
1/3 c. Maple syrup
1 8oz block Cream Cheese, cut into 20 squares
2 cans of biscuits (each with 10 biscuits)
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

recipe: Kraft Foods

5 comments:

  1. Just put it in the oven and I am so excited to eat it! Will is so excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so mine didn't turn out pretty like yours. I didn't have a bunt pan so I used a pie pan. I think that is where I went wrong. When I turned the plate over the tops came off my rolls and I over cooked a little. But, I will try it again and I will buy a bunt pan. Overall, we loved them though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...yes a bunt pan would be the key:) I am glad they still tasted good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making this now, didn't realize I didn't have anymore sugar until after I got started so I used brown, we will see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete