Saturday, November 20, 2010

Minestra with Sausage and Kale Soup

So here is the question to Kale or not to Kale? If your like me I LOVE soup with Kale, it is so hearty plus it's good for you too. Everyone knows I need a break from the butter once and a while. So this soup is a combination of Sweet Sausage, Cannellini Beans and KALE!!!!

Look at that dark green Kale.....this soup is going to be Awesome. One thing I love about this soup is it's simple and I LOVE simple:)

 Here is a little look at the finished soup....Yum!!! So start by heating 2 Tbs of olive oil in a large pot and browning 1lb of sausage ( I used the sausage with sage).

While the sausage is cooking, take 1 bushel of Kale and wash really well. Then take the Kale off the stems.

 Dry the Kale on a clean towel and set aside.

 Cut up one onion and three cloves of garlic, then add it to the pot and continue to cook until softened.

 Next add Cannellini Beans and chopped Kale to the pot, don't worry if it looks like the Kale is overflowing out of the pot it will cook down. Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg. Then add 4 cups of chicken stock and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.

 Add 3/4 cup of Penne pasta, reduce heat and cook until pasta is done (about 7 to 8 minutes).

 Serve it up in a large bowl with a roll or bread.....

It is sooo tasty you will keep going back for more:)

Just another soup to keep you toasty through the winter months because I Love ya:)

P.S. I am going to try this soup with left over turkey from Thanksgiving...will let you know how it turns out.


Minestra With Sausage and Kale Soup

2 Tbs. olive oil
1 pound of sausage ( I used jimmy deans sage)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 15.5 oz can Cannellini beans
1 bushel of Kale, rinsed and chopped
Salt and Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
4 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of water
3/4 cup of Penne pasta

Recipe Modified: Rachel Ray

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this. I love kale, and have made Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. But this sounds even better to me. Keep those recipes comin', Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, I love kale. I might be trying this tonight!

    ReplyDelete