Sunday, November 07, 2010

Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken with Pasta Alfredo

Whew that title was a mouth full as well was this dinner, not only was the chicken stuffed but so was I. Every so often I will be sitting somewhere when out of the blue a light bulb comes on and a recipe is born. So when I decided to combine two things I Love....I couldn't be more excited, plus it's super easy!

Yum.....this is so good! Also it looks nice on my $2 platter that I got on clearance at TARGET!

 Ok here is what you need....mind you if you have frozen spinach I would use that....but I forgot to get some, so I had to settle for the can (which it still tasted Awesome...but would have been over the top, if I used frozen). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

 Start by taking 1 c. spinach and 1 c. of chopped artichokes both drained and put them in a bowl......

 Add 8oz of cream cheese and 1 1/2 c. of Romano shredded cheese...... anything with cream cheese is going to be delish!!!!

 Mix until combined....

 Here is my little Keegan doing his best impression of Popeye with Spinach:)

 Ok on to the chicken breast...take a knife and cut a 3 inch pocket and then stuff with the spinach/artichoke mixture ( I used my hands because they worked the best). Also don't worry if the filling starts coming out the sides, it just means the chicken is well stuffed:) Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked. While the chicken is baking, cook up some pasta and heat up a jar of Alfredo sauce ( or if you have time you can make your own).....oh and don't forget the garlic bread!!!!!

 Once the chicken has finished cooking, sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella and return to oven for 3 minutes...

Serve over pasta and top with some Alfredo sauce (you can make your own or if you are short on time the jar works too) and a side of garlic bread......WARNING your taste buds may thank you but you behind may not.....just tell yourself this is worth and extra lap at the gym:)


Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken

Preheat Oven 350

4 large chicken breast
1 c. spinach
1 c. artichokes, chopped
1 8 oz block of cream cheese
1 1/2 c. Romano cheese
Black Pepper to taste
1 c. Parmesan/Mozzarella

Linguine Pasta- cooked
1 jar of Alfredo sauce-heated
Garlic Bread

3 comments:

  1. AHHH this is calling my name. I'm definitely going to try to make this sometime real soon! Thanks Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem chica....hope you enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooooooove that picture of Keegan! What a crack-up.

    You know, I *don't* like spinach and artichokes, but if they're takin' a swim in cream cheese with pasta and alfredo - I'm all about that. I make this dip that's kind of similar - and I love it, even though I turn my nose up at the veggies alone.

    Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete