Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Taco Soup...the easiest thing on earth!!!!

Have you ever found yourself so busy, that when you look up dinner time is staring you right in the face!!! I can't tell you how many times I've gone CRAPOLA, it's time for dinner and I have nothing prepared, Yikes. Well believe it or not there is a Dinner Fairy Godmother that I like to call Taco Soup.

A great friend of mine Heidi gave me this recipe and I am forever grateful because it is soooooo easy and sooooo tasty, plus it freezes well:)

Here are the three steps you need to remember......brown, dump, and heat....that's it!

 Step one brown a pound of burger and season with salt and pepper. Then drain the grease and place the ground burger in a pot.

 Step two get your can opener ready and open a can of black beans (drained), corn (drained), and Rotel. Dump that into the pot with the cooked hamburger, add a can or two of water and sprinkle in a packet of  Taco seasoning and dry Ranch. Add a dash of Cumin too.

 Step Three...heat it up and it's ready to eat. This time I put it into my Crock Pot because John was working late and I wanted it to still be warm when he got home.

Add some shredded cheese and tortilla chips and slurp away:) You can also add in some jalapeno if your feeling spicy!

Thanks again Heidi for blessing me with this wonderful recipe 4 years ago!


Taco Soup

1lb. ground beef, seasoned with salt/pepper, browned and drained
1 can of black beans, drained ( you can also use kidney beans too)
1 can of Rotel
1 can of corn, drained (you can use half a can too, but we like corn)
1 packet of dry Ranch
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 to 2 can's of water
dash of Cumin

5 comments:

  1. I cant wait to try this. definately needing some more warm dinners since winter is approaching fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuuuum. You are welcome! I want some right now!! :-) You like it with black beans better than with chili beans? I've never tried it with black. I loooove the chili beans though. So glad you love it so much. Do you make the mexican corn bread with it too?? Mmmm.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi- I like it with the chili beans and black beans....but it's the hubby that has something against the chili beans....oh well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i'm sure it's good with either. but, what's wrong with john?! ;-)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made it tonight and it was delish :) i used Hominy instead of corn though!

    ReplyDelete