Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snicker Yummy Doodles!!!!!!!

I LOVE the Holidays....the lights, the tree, giving gifts and just really remembering how AWESOME my family is!!! But I also love all the treats...cookies, fudge, cakes, cookies and more cookies. So when the cookie season hits there is always one cookie that I must make no matter what.....Snickerdoodles. However it wasn't till last year when I stumbled upon a recipe on my friends Blog that really amped my usual Snickerdoodle recipe to a whole new level.

These cookies will melt in your mouth....by the time you put them out you will have to turn around and make a new batch! It's a good thing I have been going to the gym because I have eaten these for all three meals and then some (really nutritious right!).

SO get ready to have your taste buds blown away ( I just got a very disturbing vision of what it would look like if your taste buds really did get blown away). But anyway on to the COOKIES!
Oh My don't these look Divine!!!!

 Cinnamon...it really makes your house smell like Christmas!!!!

 Start by creaming together 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of softened butter.

 Next add in 1 egg and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.

 In a separate bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp of baking soda, and 1/4 tsp cream of tarter.
 Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture until it makes a nice soft dough. So EASY!

In a small bowl add 2 tbs. of sugar and 2 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon......this is where the magic is!

 Take your dough and shape it into 1 inch balls.....a special thanks to my assistant Keegan!

 Roll it around in the sugar/cinnamon until it's coated.

 Place your cookies on to a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes and let them sit for a minute or two after you take them out.


Then Enjoy, Stuff, Nibble ......Whatever tickles your fancy:)


Ma Kauffman's Snickerdoodles (found on my friend Sarah Short's Blog)

Preheat 375 degrees
Bake 8 to 10 minutes

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
2 tbs. of sugar
2 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon

1 comment:

  1. these look super yummy...I think I can smell them!

    ReplyDelete