Friday, February 04, 2011

Smothered Steak with Peppers Please.

I love a good steak every once in awhile, my husband and I aren't huge steak eaters but every now and then we get a hankering for a good ole steak. That's exactly what happened while I was at the store.....I thought hmmm steak sounds good and then I let my imagination run wild. In return I came up with this.


Yumm....steak smothered with peppers and onions with a nice layer of provolone cheese!!!!! Now I am sure I am not the first person to discover this but if you haven't tried it.....you must!!!!! Plus if you have a lover that loves steak, this may be an option for a lovely Valentines Dinner:)


So here we are...pretty simple but I promise you this steak will be out of this World!!!!!


Here's what I used to season my steaks.....this and only this, makes it real easy:)


Take your steak out and let it sit and reach room temp. this will work in your favor and in flavor!!!!


Then season one side of the steak and pat the seasoning in, so it stays and then flip and season the other side.


Don't be shy......shower that steak with seasoning LOVE.....


Now on to our toppings....take and wash your three little amigos....you will need one red bell pepper, one green bell pepper and one red onion to cover four steaks.


Slice these babies up nice and thin.....


In a skillet over medium heat melt 3 tbs of butter.......


By the way I LOVE this man.....


Then add in your peppers and onion, saute until tender.


While your peppers and onions are cooking in a pool of butter...go ahead and grill those steaks. I am very lucky that I have a indoor grill at our house, but if you don't want to brave the elements outside and you don't own a George Foreman to get that grilled effect....then go ahead and cook them in the oven.



 Here's my father-in-law showing you how it's done:)


Back to our peppers and onions......once tender go ahead and add a 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce and let simmer until it thickens up a bit. John was suppose to be taking a picture of the Worcestershire sauce, but he was being sneaky and go me in it too.


My husband making sure the onions and peppers are getting the attention they deserve.....I usually stir it once and walk away because I am busy getting other things together (let's just say this behavior has resulted in a lot of overly done finished products).


Oh my the smell is sooooooo wonderful, it's hard to resist the urge to grab a fork and eat these before they even reach the steaks.


Once your steaks are cooked to your liking, top with the onions and peppers.


Again my very excited father-in-law.....for some reason grilling has this effect on men.


Top with Provolone cheese and place in the oven until cheese is melted.


Then savor......I served mine with roasted red potatoes.


Smothered Steak

4 Steaks
Steak seasoning ( I used Mc Cormick Montreal Steak)
1 Red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 red onion
3 tbs of butter
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
8 pieces of Provolone cheese (2 per steak)

No comments:

Post a Comment