Thursday, March 10, 2011

Easy as Pie, Chocolate Chip Pie

I love when things are easy, don't you! Don't get me wrong I love the complicity of cooking and baking and reaping the wonderful tasty rewards of all your hard work, it almost makes the food taste better when you know how much blood, sweat, and tears you've put into it (okay maybe not blood). But sometimes I really enjoy a simple and easy recipe too. The kind that after my mind has been pulled pretty much out of my head, I don't even have to think about it and there is no room for error. A recipe that even my Five year old could pull off.

So if you want a sweet treat, but don't want to put a ton of effort into it, this here is the pie for you! So simple and still very yummy, the only hard thing you have to do is to wait for it to set in the fridge for 8 hours, grueling I know!

Also another Sweet treat about this dessert, besides the filling, is it only requires 4 ingredients....wait hold the phone....did she just say 4 ingredients? Yes!!!!! That's it. I've been want to include some 5 or less recipes on my blog for sometime now, so I figure why not just skip to dessert.


This is it! Cool Whip, Chocolate Chip Cookies, a Pre-made Graham cracker crust (Forgive me), and 1 cup of milk.....


Step 1: only turn on your oven if you want to heat your kitchen because this pie requires NO BAKING! Start this complicated process by submerging 8 Cookies in your 1 cup of milk and placing them in the bottom of the pie crust.


Step 2: spread 1/3 of your Cool Whip on top of the Cookies.


Step 3: repeat process 2 more times, so in the end you shall have three layers of milk soaked cookies and three layers of Cool Whip. * Note I ended up using 10 cookies on the last layer because I wanted to make sure I was getting a sufficient amount of Chocolate Chip Cookie with every bite.


Okay So I just realized that I totally sound like Special Agent Oso...If you have young children then you know what I mean. Three special steps thats all you need, three special steps then you succeed, with three special steps. Finish off your pie by crumbling a couple of cookies on top and then placing your pie in the refrigerator to set up for at least 8 hours.

That's it...Done:)


Easy Chocolate Chip Pie


Printable Recipe


1 tub of Cool Whip
1 carton of Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup of Milk

1. Submerge 8 cookies in 1 cup of milk and then place on the bottom of the pie crust.

2. Spread ⅓ of your Cool Whip on top of the cookies, repeat submerging and layering process 2 more times until you have three layers of Cookies and Cool Whip.

3. Finish Pie by crumbling up a few cookies and sprinkling on top, place in refrigerator for 8 hours to set up.

* Note on the last layer I used 10 cookies to make sure if was properly covered.

Recipe: Southern Living

No comments:

Post a Comment