Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Fish Tacos with Homemade Salsa

A couple of years ago when I first heard of Fish Tacos, I have to admit that they didn't sound to appealing to me. Actually I thought "Gross Fish in a Taco...what is the World coming too"!

But as the years passed I have heard people rant and rave over Fish Tacos...."OMG Bettsy have you tried these delicious Fish Tacos"? Yes, Betsy they are absolutely Divine! Still no matter what, when asked if I would like to try a Fish Taco, I would stick my tongue out and nose upward like the little food snob I knew I was being.

It didn't matter where I went Supermarket, Mall, Church, even the Library.....for some reason I always overheard someone somewhere talking about these Dang Fish Tacos.

So after great Debate with ones self I decided to Pinch my Nose, Hold my Breath and undergo this Fish Taco Phenomenon that everyone was involved in.

I have to tell you that after my first bite all fear and anxiety about the one they call "Fish Taco" resolved itself. The Truth and nothing but the Truth is Fish Tacos are pretty AWESOME! I have no idea why I made such a fuss and I am glad I finally gave in because I would have been missing out on something Amazing!

So with warmer weather in the future (at least we hope) it's always nice to have something a little lighter for dinner....so if you haven't hopped on the Fish Taco Bandwagon, I urge you to give them a try.


Here's a closer look at these yummy Fish Tacos....I used PW's Restaurant Style Salsa , click here if you want that recipe or if you are in a time crunch store bought salsa will work just as well. 



Here's a quick peek at what you will need, I forgot to pull the shredded cabbage out of the fridge but you will need about two cups of that as well. Start by heating 12 corn tortillas and cover with clean dish towel to keep warm.


You will need 1 lb. of White Fish, I used Tilapia but any White Fish will do. Cut each fillet in half.


Then sprinkle with Cumin, Oregano, and Salt on each side. Drizzle with Olive Oil and Fresh Lime juice.  


Next you are going to Grill your Fish...if you don't have a stove top grill pan or a George Foreman (come on admit it everyone has a George Foreman) than you can either bake these or pan fry them.


It helps to spray down your grill with some cooking spray so your fish doesn't stick, otherwise you may end up with bits and pieces of fish.


Cook Fish until done ( usually if you can run a for down the fillet and it flakes up, it's done). Pull off of grill and cut up into bite size pieces.


Serve on warm corn tortillas, topped with shredded cabbage, fresh salsa, sour cream and fresh Cilantro! Some chips and salsa make a nice side too!

Fish Tacos

12 Corn Tortillas, warmed
1 1b. of White Fish
2 cups of shredded cabbage
1 Tbsp. of Cumin
1 Tbsp. of Oregano
Salt to Taste
1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil, to drizzle
Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped

Salsa
Sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment