Monday, March 07, 2011

Greek Bread...

I love to try new things, now getting my husband to try new things is a different story. So when I told him I was making Greek Bread instead of Garlic Bread to go with our Baked Ziti, he didn't jump up and down like I thought he would (it's okay honey you got me a signed copy of PW new book, your off the hook).

This bread is so yummy and how could it not be, it is covered in cream cheese and feta cheese!!!! Also another note here, I don't know what pregnancy did to some of you but after I had my boys I find myself enjoying things that I use to hate...example black olives.

Maybe that's whats wrong with my husband, if only he could get pregnant then maybe he would be willing to try new things. Hmmm strange image of my husband pregnant just popped in my head, I have to say it wouldn't be a bad look for him:)



Lets make some bread......


Start by Preheating your oven to 375 degrees....


Take 1 8oz block of Cream Cheese and mix it with 2 Tbs. of Mayonnaise and 2 tsp. of Greek Seasoning * I used Cavender's it can be found at most grocery stores, believe me this was found at the Piggly Wiggly.


Slice your French Loaf in half....


Spread your Cream Cheese mixture onto each half......

Take 1 4oz package of Feta Cheese (I used garlic and herb), 1 small can of sliced black olives, and 1/2 cup of chopped pepperoncini peppers. Sprinkle over each half.


Note that only one side has black olives....this is to accommodate those black olive haters:) Place your loaves on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.


Serve with your favorite Pasta dish!!!

Enjoy:)

Printable Recipe


Greek Bread

Preheat 375 degrees
Bake 15 minutes

1 French Loaf, cut in half
1 8 oz of Cream Cheese
2 Tbs. of Mayonnaise
2 tsp. of Greek seasoning
1 4oz package of Feta Cheese (I used garlic and herb)
1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
½ cup of Pepperoncini Peppers, chopped and drained

1. Mix Cream Cheese, mayonnaise, and Greek seasoning in a medium bowl.

2. Cut French loaf in half and spread Cream Cheese mixture on each half.

3. Sprinkle each halve with Feta Cheese, Black Olives, and Pepperoncini Peppers

4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.

Recipe: Southern Living

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if my sister saw this... she would LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I did not! Thanks for posting on my wall about her post! How in the world did I miss this one?!? LOL. I will for sure make it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen it's to die for!!!! So yummy:)

    ReplyDelete