Monday, March 07, 2011

It's Here It's Here!!!!!!

So how many of you got to go to the Pioneer Woman's book signing...a show of hands....well if you didn't get to go don't worry I didn't either. I have to say I was super super bummed....I mean she was so close and I missed it:(

The thing is I was planning to go, I had my heart set on going, I even had my outfit picked out, what I wanted her to sign in my book and my camera was ready so I could get a one of a kind candid picture with PW to frame and place next to my kid's pictures.

But everyone knows that sometimes life just doesn't work out they way you think it should sometimes. The problem was John had some work he needed to do and seeing that he just started his own business I can't be picky when work is available.

So I put on my don't worry it's not a big deal kind of face and decided to carrying on with life as if the PW wasn't in my neck of the woods. Okay so that lasted about five minutes until the pouting and sulking came along. But wouldn't you know that my husband is the best in the whole wide world!!! A few evenings after the book signing we were sitting on the couch and I was looking off into the distance thinking about what could have been. I mean really PW and I could have hit it off and become the bestest friends ever!

That's when John interrupted my day dreaming and said I have a surprise for you but you will have to wait for it to get here. Okay I was hooked, my mind started thinking about what it might be, a new shirt, a bike, a maid...but never in my wildest dreams did I think it was going to be this......


Isn't lovely.....


Wait for it......


Lawd have mercy....he has out done himself....I can't believe it, my own personal signed copy....

So because I have the best darn husband in the world and he hates to see me pout, he took it upon himself to email Ms Ree Drummond aka the Pioneer Woman and ask her if she would please send me a signed copy of her book. He told her how much I wanted to be there and how disappointed I was when I couldn't make it.

Guess what, she responded and said "Of course" she would send me a book!!!! I love the Pioneer Woman but most of all I LOVE my Mr. Nesbit. Thank you for trying to make my dreams come true everyday!!!!

3 comments: