Monday, March 14, 2011

Lennon Walks into 1....

Something Bittersweet happened this weekend....my itty bitty babe turned 1. As the day approached I could feel my uterus twinge with pain...my last baby....is not going to be quite a baby anymore. But as hard as I've tried to slow down the hours and savor every last minute, soaking in his sweet baby scent...the day arrived, just like I knew it would.

Saturday was a perfect day to turn one, it was warm and the sun was shining, but inside I could feel a sea of emotions stirring as I watched my little baby devour his morning banana. I couldn't take it, first I got that twinge in my nose and then my throat started to swell...it was coming, so before he could take another bite I scooped him up and held him, banana and all.

There is something that happens with each milestone, they leave behind a small slice of dependency. On top of turning one my little bugger has also started to walk....EVERYWHERE. Leaving my arms empty with no one to carry...you would think I would be super stoked about not having to lug around a very plump babe, but being my last baby it kind of makes my heart sink.

Now don't get me wrong I love watching my boys grow and explore with eyes in awe of all the their new discoveries but the hard fact is there is no going back.

So here is a look at Lennon's First year with some commentary included. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed living it.


Expecting a very special someone.


Then the day arrived and Johnny Cash's song "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, I watched the Sunrise in your Eyes" played in my heart. It was pure Bliss and he was perfectly mine.


Then when John held him I felt my heart burst in a million pieces because it could not contain the love that I was feeling at that moment. Daddy's holding their boys, there is nothing comparable, it makes me cry every time.


We named you Lennon David and it was a perfect fit. There is nothing like a fresh new life that's just been born, they smell deliciously wonderful.


So so small just under 6lbs when we brought him home.


Gotta love the cross eyed look, when the world isn't quite focused.


As each day passed I found myself falling more and more in love with this little boy, I remember after I had Keegan wondering if I could ever love another child like I loved him....guess what you can.



Each day brought something new, a new sound, new taste (like Wyoming air), and something new to look at and touch.


What a sweet face.


He grew and started letting his personality shine, sometimes he loves to be the life of the party......


Sometimes he likes to be the party pooper too!


Lord help me!

This boy has stolen my heart...


First there was cereal and he liked it.....


Then there was Food and he was in Love...takes after his momma:)


His brothers have his back....no one wants to mess with this motley crew.


These pictures are going to kill me...


Sometimes he gets caught being naughty.


But then he shoots me one of these looks and I melt.


Then there are times where he just gets plain ole caught.


Not sure if he is Santa's biggest Fan, but he does pull off a reindeer hat with out effort.


He is a joy with a contagious giggle that will warm your heart.


Even though it kills me that he is getting older, I love to watch him discover new things.


Double Trouble on the loose...


Sweet love....


 He is getting so big....sandy cookie anyone?


So Lennon as you turn one I want you to know how much I LOVE you and how blessed I am to be your Momma. Just take this moment, eat it, devour it and savor it because I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment