Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Strawberry Pink Lemonade

I have no idea what Mother Nature is thinking...Just last week we were parading around in tank tops, shorts and flip flops as we enjoyed 80 degree temps. But this week it's been rainy and cold, so cold that I had to dig out my winter jacket, which, I was almost positive I wouldn't see anytime soon.
So to kick myself out of this hibernation mood I decided what best to cheer me up than some Strawberry Pink Lemonade.



I have to admit I have never made Lemonade from scratch...I have just always used Country Times Lemonade mix. But today I felt like challenging myself, plus there was nothing else to do and I was trying to avoid the laundry. So after reviewing a few recipes on-line I came up with my own version and ZOO WEE MOMMA is this stuff Good.


I can not believe that I have never made homemade Lemonade before.....It is sooooo easy and does not really require a ton of ingredients.


 Doesn't bright yellow lemons and ripe red strawberries just make you want to smile.....come on Summer get here soon!!!!



First step Squeeze some Lemons....just keep Squeezing, Squeezing, Squeezing.......


Squeeze until your forearms burn.... you will need 1 cup of freshly squeezed Lemon juice, which equates to about 8 whole lemons.


In a pitcher dump in 1 cup of sugar....


Next pour in your cup of lemon juice...I poured mine through a strainer just to make sure all the lemon seeds were taken care of.


Then chop up 1 cup of strawberries and place in food processor, blender, pretty much whatever ya got to make this a puree.


Add this to the Lemon juice and sugar.


Now it's time to get this party started...mix in 5 cups of cold water.


Then to add a finishing touch and to pull it all together add in 1/4 cup of cranberry/strawberry juice.



Now sit back, put your feet up and sip on this while you wait for Summer to arrive:)


Printable Recipe Here


Strawberry Pink Lemonade

1 cup of fresh squeezed Lemonade
1 cup of  sugar
1 cup of fresh strawberries, pureed
5 cups of cold water
¼ cup of cranberry/strawberry juice

Mix all together in a pitcher and Enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment