Sunday, April 17, 2011

A BBQ, Mud bug, Flower Planting Weekend


First off I owe all my fellow readers a Big Fat apology, it's been close to three weeks since I have blogged about my crazy wild life....but that's just it, since it's wild and crazy sometimes it's good to step back, get your focus and then dive back in. Also another big reason I haven't been around is because a little doggie decided that my power cord to my lap top looked like it might be a tasty treat. Hence I had to go out and buy a new one and having a Mac means that it didn't come cheap:(

So you may be wondering what I've been up to...well nothing out of the ordinary for me, just making a mess and cleaning it up:) There are a few good stories to be told but those will have to be another time and a different post, today however will just be a run down of our busy pack filled weekend.



This weekend we kicked off Riverfest in our little town of Tunica.


 The boys got a chance to feel like real cowboys with some pony rides, ride um Cowboy.


Almost had to look twice, thought I seen John Wayne riding through town.


Cutest Cowboy in the South:)


Nothing like lining the streets up with overpriced games and carnies.


Oh yeah I could smell the hot grease a mile away....this weekend's calories went to the dogs.


Don't look at me like that, I know that I am going to regret this deep fried Snickers when it shows up on my thighs but for now I am savoring this dough fried masterpiece.


It isn't a Celebration without some Shaved Ice....What's your favorite flavor?


What a happy boy with his cup of Blue Raspberry Ice...Blue Kisses for everyone, okay maybe not everyone but this Momma will gladly take a Blue Kiss from this boy any day.


Making our way down Crawfish Alley....all I can say is I was not prepared for what happened next.


It was like making my way into the Secret Garden...but it wasn't a Garden it was a Bar where all the locals came together. Hey look it's my neighbor with her twin girls....Hi neighbor fancy meeting you here.


Here it is a big ole pile of Mud Bugs or aka Crawfish....It is kind of a culture shock watching everyone carrying around large plates of these little guys like it's an everyday thing...well it might be an everyday thing (shhhhh don't tell but I am still new here).



Hello little friend. I wish I could lie to you all and say that this was the end of our little meeting but it's not. I looked around to all my fellow neighbors up to to their armpits in Crawfish, took a deep breath, rolled up my sleeves and dug in.  All I can say is that Crawfish taste like shrimp but with a whole lot more work involved just to get a itty bitty piece of meat.


On the other hand I had a Wonderful opportunity to give back to the community through our Church by giving away potted plants and flowers.


It was great seeing everyone get their hands dirty.


I think we gave over 400 pots....Amazing.


The kids had a blast and even though it was freezing...we didn't let that damper our high spirits.


The best reward was seeing the faces of all the people who received a free potted flower.


Then to put the cherry on top of an awesome weekend was my husband and his father taking third place in the BBQ competition. My husband if you know him, loves to Barbecue and to see him be victorious was wonderful. I was so proud of him and by the large smile that plastered his face the rest of the night, I could tell he was proud of himself too.

So how was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment