Sunday, August 19, 2012

Who am I?

First off I want to apologize to all my followers, I have not been a very good blogger:( But with that said, I am back!!! I have a lot to talk about, some new ideas and a few changes. While I love to blog about food and my boys, there is a lot more to me than that.



So I start this blog with a question, Who am I? Though this may be a simple question, it's answers are much more complex. Who am I? Well I am Heather Kristen Nesbit or formally known as Heather Kristen Wierckz. But while that answer gives you my name it really doesn't tell you who I really am. It's funny to me, that when I am faced with this "simple" question all I can picture is a blank page. If anyone should be able to tell you who I am, it should be me, right?  I mean I could give you a list of titles....wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, employee, student etc. But the real truth is, does that tell you who I am or just give you an idea of who I should be?

Don't worry I am not having a mental break down or some self crisis. It's just that through this crazy thing called life, I find myself ever changing, morphing if you will. Which I think is great! It's good to grow and become comfortable in your own skin. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I love bearing the title "Mother" and "Wife". But it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started thinking outside the so called Titles.

Being a young mother and wife, it was easy for me to get caught up in that role. While I love giving my family 100 percent, I found out that there are many more sides and dimensions of me. I find it important to STOP, EVALUATE, and ACCEPT yourself for who you are at what ever point you're at in life. I may be a mother and a wife but I am also person who loves to write, a fashionista (this one maybe up for debate), a good listener and some one that loves odd and useless things. I laugh at inappropriate times and cry at the silliest things. I despise snakes and skin flakes (this comes with my line of work and anyone who works in health care would totally understand).

Who am I? Well here is a little secret....I know who I am today....tomorrow could be different. But I hope that you are there to follow me while I make new discoveries about my self and continue to express Who I am through this Blog.

So the next question is.....Who are You?

I would love to hear about you!

Thanks for listing to me ramble:)

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I am Melissa - I am a Wife, a Mom (a new Stay at home mom to Ali-10 and soon to be a baby boy). I am so excited to be at home, but so terrified about school starting back up. I am not a writer, but I am a talker and my mini-me (aka Ali) talk a lot all day LOL. I am out of things to write, but could talk about the subject for hours over a good cup of coffee haha. I am excited to continue listening to you ramble! Especially any rambles about advice about raising little boys!

    ReplyDelete